Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Tuesday Morning Marketing at BBNG


I woke up just in time to make it to my weekly networking meeting with other dedicated members of the Broward Business Networking Group (BBNG). BBNG is a referral network and leads exchange group in Broward County Florida. The best part about BBNG is that each member works as one another's own sales force by passing along members' business cards to individuals or businesses in need of services provided by that member.

This week,
Dr. Marc Lurie, O.D. spoke about his new Glaucoma detection equipment. Seems as though there are not many doctors in the area that have this high-tech, and state of the art machine. Dr. Lurie said that after the meeting he was meeting with a reporter from Channel 4 WFOR to give an interview regarding his machine. Wow, BBNG works! He met his PR consultant at a BBNG meeting! We look forward to his interview on the CBS affiliate at a later date.

During the focus session, I had a chance to present an informational to the members at my table about the importance of blogs and creating new content for web sites . I certainly had their attention as they seemed to follow along and ask relevant questions. I am glad to have gone to Webmasters World last week so that I educate them on the advances in search marketing.

This week I passed along a client as a lead to Cathy Bowen of
Hinson Office Supply. Hinson Office Supply is a great source for ordering office supplies because they usually have free next day delivery (sometimes even on the same day!) and no minimum amount on orders too!

After the meeting I will personally follow up with the leads that were passed along to me. Hopefully, more new business!