Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Affiliate Online Marketing,

There is an amazing internet concept out on the web called Affiliate Marketing.


It works like this. A company sells a product online via their website. That company then distributes a link to their site to whoever wants to promote it online or in search engines. That link has a unique identifier embedded in the link that acknowledges the person who promoted the link. If a purchase is made via that link, the person who was responsible for marketing that link gets rewarded by a commission check.



Here are two examples of links that will take you to services that will reward me if you sign up:

DentalPlans.com and RapidSatellite.com

To date I have had a lot of success driving traffic to that link, but have not had anyone sign up yet.

I think that I got on board with these programs too late so now the markets for these products are already saturated. I hope to speak with someone who has been or is currently successful promoting the links that I tried to promote.